Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween


I know ~ there is a lot going on but it was such a fun project. I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do but I knew that I wanted to try something different besides dots and stripes. When I looked on-line for suggestions I was completed bombarded with all these designs that I was feeling even more confused. So I took a breath ... went into the polish stash and looked for what I had since this would give me the base as to what I could do. I did see a cool mummy idea but when I did them it was such an epic failure ~ I almost kept them just for the hilarity factor alone. Instead I did the ghosts and the pumpkins. For the mama toes I used NYC Long Wearing #139 Plaza Plumberry this is such a wonderful deep berry color which goes great with cool season fashion and I used Apple Barrel #20503 White acrylic craft paint for the ghost. The middle toes got a swipe of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails #110 Hard To Get for the base and to really make it opaque I used the Apple Barrel #20503 White acrylic craft paint again. For the tiny pumpkin I used the same orange I use for the Broncos toes Pure Ice #1029 Drive Me Crazy and the steam is in Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure #430 Glass Slipper. To me it still looked like a large orange dot with a small green stripe so I added Sally Hansen Hard As Nails #450 Tons Of Bricks on the outside of the orange to give it some dimension. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure #430 Glass Slipper was used on all the other toes. Finished off with OPI Top Coat and there you have it.


Isn't pumpkin carving supposed to be fun? There is so much excitement that goes into picking the pumpkin and design that you would think that the rest of it would be just as fun. But then the paper won't stick right and it does seem like an eternity scooping out the inside (which I heard that you can use hairspray to preserve the inside of the pumpkin) and then your hand and arm start to itch due to the pumpkin enzyme and it takes like a billion little holes to outline the design and your hand cramps up from holding the knife so tightly ... oh and don't forget the death defying trick of trying to light the tea candle with out burning yourself. But in the end you almost have this strange sense of accomplishment when you see your pumpkin all lit up in the dark. This year is our youngest grandbaby's first pumpkin carving and we figured since she looooves playing with her food that she would have a blast ... instead she made some strange faces and started to get really fussy and upset ~ the poor thing. So while everyone else was carving pumpkins and after her bath, Tiniest Princess and I baked cookies and watched one of my all time favorite movie ... It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. She didn't make it all the way to the end but that is okay ... I will have tomorrow (and other holidays) to show her the awesomeness that is Charlie Brown. Linus's reaction to the pumpkin carving is priceless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment