Thursday, July 8, 2010

Movie Reviews



The Informant is a 2009 movie that is suppose to be a true story about Mark Whitacre (played by Matt Damon) who worked in developing for ADM and has moved his way into upper management and is unwillingly pressured into working as an informant for the FBI against the illegal price-fixing activities of his company. But as his incessant lies keep piling up, his world begins crashing down around him. The problem with this movie is that it seemed that his lies were ridiculously never-ending and about 3/4 of the way I found myself wanting to get up and get a book but I refrained.


 
Session 9 is a 2001movie about a group of asbestos cleaners who are commissioned to work at an abandoned mental institution. It is a project that should take 2-3 weeks to complete but in an effort to snag the deal - they are to complete the project in 1 week. As the movie moves on each person is being affected by not only the institute but also the stress of the job. Ok I got this movie because the cover looked super cool but to me I found it a little disappointing. I was expecting something with a bit more meat and all this movie had to offer is lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment