Friday, February 19, 2010

GG Memories

OK - Now I KNOW  for a fact I'm not the only psycho who can not move on - once a Gilmore Girl addict always a Gilmore Girls addict. I caught this show in its 3rd season  ABC Family was (is) doing its reruns of the 1st season & I caught the 5th episode (Cinnamon's Wake) where the town came together for a cat funeral & just like that I was hooked. I was fasinated! I went on line & found a site that has full episodes in script form - so I caught up on the episodes by reading most of them so I would know who the characters were and what was going on. Truth be told now I'm even hooked on dragonflies because of this show - even each jewlery I make has a dragonfly charm by the clasp. There are moments (and yes there are often) that I say (or want to say) something Gilmore related. Today for example is "not an herbal tea kind of a day" it is a "coffee in an i-v" sort of day. I see a tabby cat and I want to steal it and name it Papaya or rename the dog Paul Anka (well I guess she would be Paula Anka  :p )   And I flip through magazines and say look how super cute this or that is and think Lorelai and Rory would wear that.
The place I love to shop at is Target and often there I see something that the Girls would wear and say I could totally wear that - then in the dressing room reality hit!!! No - dork you can't! I'm just not cool enough and I'm ok with that. But there are a few days I'll step out of my very small box I put together something totally cute and feel like one of the Girls (usually I dress more lik Paris - the early year- YIKES I know) and everybody I see will compliment me on something I'm wearing and I just feel all lit up inside. Then - like some nerd- I  run back to the sewing room  for my next piece of inspiration - LOL. (And to my childrens dismay GG has also rekindled my love for New Wave or by now Old Wave  :p  Poor kids) OK - so today the "i-v" skit from 1st season episode 2 - The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton:
(Lorelai is having a bad morning and came in to Luke's for some coffee & a friendly face)

Luke: There's no coffee
Lor: That's not funny
Luke: I can give you herbal tea
Lor: This is not an herbal tea morning. This is a coffee morning.
Luke: Every morning to you is a coffee morning.
Lor: This is a jumbo coffee morning. I need coffee in an IV.
Luke: I can give you tea and a balance bar.
Lor: Please, please, please tell me you are kidding.
Luke: I'm kidding.

Take care friends and have a great coffee morning (or day for that matter).

No comments:

Post a Comment