Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Book of 2013


Kinda .... I got done with The Poet on the 2nd and with family coming into town for the weekend (so we can celebrate Christmas here, since Mr and I were in Denver with the Grand-Princess over Christmas ... somehow moving the holidays around so that everyone can be seen works for us).  Any how, Princess got me Little Women a few months back because it is one of my most favorite movies. I have always wanted to read it but always picked something else to occupy my time. So I figured no time like the present to tackle this classic piece of literature. I must admit the print in this book is really tiny ... I guess reading with a book too close to the face really does ruins ones eyesight :p  I am noticing that in my old age I am enjoying silence while reading much more. I was one of those teens that read a book while the radio/tv was blarring ... I don't know how productive it was but I did it. That might explain the grades *giggle*  I started reading this book on the 7th and have been on a schedule to read atleast 22 pages a day ... no matter how late it is. Interesting how the smallest amount of discipline can result in such a large sense of pride. I love Marmee's wisdom and how it can still be applied to life now "Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life become a beautiful success, in spite of poverty." 

No comments:

Post a Comment