Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bunheads


It has taken me a whole season to watch ONE episode of Bunheads. Crazy ... right? I mean it is written by Amy Sherman-Palladino and has my beloved GG alumnus Kelly Bishop *applauding* ... so why haven't I watch it from the very first episode? Well, I will tell you. I was afraid *_* Simple as that. As anybody who knows me or reads this blog knows .... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Gilmore Girls and when the series was cancelled I was heart broken :( Seriously crushed beyond all recognition. I am still in mourning. IF I watched it and hated it ... I would be crushed because I want to like it.  And IF I watched it and loved it ... then what? Be crushed again when the series is eventfully gets cancelled. I can't take this kind of pressure ... even if it is unrationable and self-inflicting. *breathe* So I took a brave step and I watched it and ..... it is cute ... I mean really cute. The characters are well written and the main character - Michelle played by Sutton Foster - reminds me of Lauren Graham. I have started saving it on my DVR (thank goodness for that thing).  It even has regular cameos of other equally favorite GG alumni *YEAAAA*  There is Rose Abdoo (Gypsy), Gregg Henry (Mitchum Huntzberger), Chris Eigeman (Jason “Digger”), Sean Gunn (Kirk), Todd Lowe (Zack), Biff Yeager (Tom), Alex Borstein (Drella), and one of my favorites Lisa Weil (Paris) high strung as ever :D

I didn't start watching Gilmore Girls until the beginning of Season 3 (and then the obsession that would change my life began) Dramatic? Perhaps ... but it is true. I realized that carrying a book around with you in your purse isn't that weird. How going back to school isn't that unheard of at my age. That it is true that taking good notes and using cards and doing your best does have its own rewards. And sniffing books isn't that odd. OK maybe it is a bit odd *sigh* Man I miss that show .. now I have to go make some coffee and watch a few episodes of GG to self-soothe.

No comments:

Post a Comment