Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Patterson ... Read and Done!


In the month of April I was reading 'Swimsuit' by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. And can I say I LoOoVeD IT!!!! A co-worker's wife knows I like - ok ... LOVE Patterson - and she highly recommended reading this one. The front of the cover  reads "The scariest and most satisfying James Patterson novel since 'Kiss The Girls'" And WOW they were not lying!  Now I usually don't like Patterson collaborated books and as we know from this review I didn't care for the last Patterson/Paetro book I read (from the Women's  Murder Club series) but Swimsuit grabbed me and kept me until the end.  I don't want to spoil anything thing but I will say that through out the whole book I was like 'no way' ... 'NOOOO way' ... 'NO WAY!' ... I was even telling Mr the story as if he was as intrigued as I was (PS he wasn't but he is a very good listener) The end to me seemed open ended but that just means there is space for a sequel ... right ;p  It reads a bit like the any other Cross books by showing both the killer (or should I say ... a serial killer - Henri Benoit) and the pursuant (in this case ex-cop turned LA Times reporter Ben Hawkins) and I enjoy that. I see the story like a movie when it shows what the killer is doing and thinking, rather than just what the cop sees. I would LOOOOOOVE it if this book got turned into a movie ... it would be so AWESOME!!! Maybe I need to give the Women's Murder Club series one more chance ... mayyybeee  =D

Now what to read next .... I am either thinking Bloody Mary by J.A. Konrath or Kiss the Girls by James Patterson. I started to read Patterson years ago but since I own it on hard back it makes it a bit harder to carry it everywhere ... and I do carry (and read) my books evvverrrrywhere.  Decisions ... decisions *sigh*

PS I am still gathering information for the 'Little House' books review ... I haven't forgotten - I just haven't had the time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment