Monday, June 28, 2010

Serious Paper

When I was shopping for school I kept thinking of this skit from Gilmore Girls.
(But I ended up getting the pretty stuff)
Rory and Lorelai are school shopping for Rory.
S1E4 (1 of my favorite espisodes)

RORY: Ok [puts out a list] I need legal pads,
LORELAI: Got it.
RORY: Tons of pens,
LORELAI: Right.
RORY: Some number 2 pencils, three highlighters, an eraser, a staple remover and a peachy folder.
LORELAI: You need 3 highlighters?
RORY: Yes.
LORELAI: Three?
RORY: Yes.
LORELAI: That’s a very random number.
RORY: Three is not a random number.
LORELAI: No but I mean how did you get to the number 3?
RORY: One dries up, one gets lost, I have one left.
LORELAI: You have really thought this out.
RORY: Yes, I have.
LORELAI: What came first - the chicken or the egg.
RORY: Can we get back to this list please.
LORELAI: Alright. Ooh, hey, legal pads.
RORY: No. Those are purple.
LORELAI: Yes, purple is festive.
RORY: I can’t have purple
LORELAI: Yes you can, they’re on sale.
RORY: I’m going to a serious school now, I need serious paper.
LORELAI: Paper is paper.
RORY: Not at Chilton.
LORELAI: Alright, fine. Here is your serious paper. [Picking up yellow]
RORY: Thank you.
LORELAI: Ooh and here are you somber highlighters, your maudlin pencils, your manic-depressive pens.
RORY: Mom
LORELAI: Now these erasers are on lithium so they may seem cheerful but we actually caught them trying to shove themselves in the pencil sharpener earlier.
RORY: I’m going home now.
LORELAI: No wait! We’re going to stage an intervention with the neon post-its and make them give up their wacky crazy ways.
RORY: You’re never coming shopping with me again.

The "never coming shopping with me again" part is usually how the kids and I end up. :P

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roxanne!! just wanted to say I love Gilmore Girls... I'm enjoying your blog too!! By the way it's Veronica "Kirker" as you would call me lol

    ReplyDelete