Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Finally Found A Book ..

Last month has been soooo crazy that I didn't even get a chance to pick out book much less read something. I did finish 'Gone' .. not on time .. and it is all that I hoped it would be. Another Patterson smash!


This month ~ not knowing when the next time I will get to the library will be ~ I started looking around the house. Frankly I am quite sad about the little amount of books I own and kind of disturbed about how many Patterson's. I did find a  Louis L'Amour that I haven't read in 15 plus years that I thought I would revisit but instead I found something hiding under a stack of Patterson's ..  JA Konrath's 'Bloody Mary' - which is second in a series of the Jacqueline 'Jack' Daniels mystery and all the titles in the series are named after drinks: Whiskey Sour, Rusty Nail, Dirty Martini, Fuzzy Navel, Cherry Bomb and then there is Shaken and the last book is Stirred. I'm not much of a drinker but I thought it was unique. I got it for free about 3 years ago at a book exchange when I read the description page 'Start with a tough but vulnerable Chicago cop. Add a hyperactive cat, an ailing mother, a jealous boyfriend, a high-maintenance ex-husband and a partner is the throes of a mid-life crisis.' and it is such a bonus that the cop is female .. know that when she kicks the stuffings out of someone I will be giggling =D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment