Sunday, August 18, 2013

Silent Partner and Skyhook

I got done with Silent Partner sometime last week - it took me a horrid amount of time to finish it but it is done and that is all that matters to me :-)  That is 5 books in 6 months ... a bit shy from my goal but hopefully when we get finished with the house, which would be soon if we stop adding to the list =D,  I will have more time to read. It wasn't too bad, there were A LOT of twist and turns ... crazy amount of buried secrets (that is what this book should have been called). Without ruining it for anybody it is about a psychiatrist whose ex-girlfriend commits suicide and he goes poking around her life to figure out why. Goodreads gave it a 3.84 out of 5 rating and I think that would seem about right. This is #4 of the Alex Delaware series and I think I am going to try to find time this year for another one.


July's (and August *.*) book is from a guy at my work. He just got done reading it and REALLY enjoyed it. Skyhook is the 2003 book from John J Nance is about a top-secret computer program is created to help planes in distress code name 'Skyhook' and when during a test flight the plane accidently hits another plane's propeller their classified operation is in jeopardy. GoodReads gave it 3.5 stars and I figured it is about 3 - 3.5 stars. His website reads ... 'Mr. Nance holds a Bachelor's Degree from SMU and a Juris Doctor from SMU School of Law, and is a licensed attorney. Named Distinguished Alumni of SMU for 2002, he is also a decorated Air Force pilot veteran of Vietnam and Operations Desert Storm/Desert Shield and a Lt. Colonel in the USAF Reserve, well known for his involvement in Air Force human factors flight safety education, and one of the civilian pioneers of Crew Resource Management (CRM). ' Mr. Nance's background will explain his knowledge/interest in military operations, law procedures and being an air craft pilot - which are the basis of this book. It isn't too technical as to where you would get lost (ok some parts I wasn't sure what was being said) but it wasn't so bland that I felt he was dumbing it down. I hate when author's do that.  I passed this book to My Hubby - curious to see what he thinks.

Now to get me back on track I am off to read TWO short stories - if I can get passed the Old English *.*

No comments:

Post a Comment