Monday, December 6, 2010

Our Family Advent Counter

This is my project for Between Naps On The Porch Deck the Halls Decor Party. A few years ago I saw this great idea for an advent counter - we have tweaked it and now I can't imagine Christmas without it.

The only supplies you will need are: assort. boxes, paper and pen, tags, and your scheduler.

The hardest part of this project is to synchronize everyones schedule. Then decide what you are going to do on what day - baking for the neighbors, watching "It's a Wonderful Life" or when to see a play. *And if it's a day that I'm working I'll have the guys do something that they were going to do anyhow- like watch football - none of the activities are suppose to be a chore it is something that draws the family together* Write it down on a piece of paper and place to the side.

Next is to put number of the days on the tags. I use thread over ribbon - I think I didn't have any handy for the project and we never changed it. *You could also put the numbers on the box*

Place the paper in the box and hang the tag and now you are done.


Everyday a child will look in the box for that day and see what the activity is. Don't place the boxes in order - part of the fun is just finding the right day.

No comments:

Post a Comment