Monday, March 3, 2014

7 Weeks Left ~ Living Room and Entry

living room ~ before


living room ~ before
mantel and entry ~ before
So far ... so good. The hardest part about cleaning these rooms is that fake palm in the corner. I really don't like dusting that darn thing but I love the look of having a plant there .. keep, donate, keep, donate .. the debate continues.  It's just a little messy, the night before I was finishing a cross-stitch project for Eldest Grandbaby, Husband likes to recline on the couches (since I won't get a recliner), shoes are under the coffee table and yes that is Santa (he just wasn't put back).

mantel favorites


Hi Henry ...



I love how the floors flow from one room to another



weird how the wall with the tv looks white
and it's the same color as the wall by the door *_*
Henry is so funny .. every time he hears the camera chime he starts running in front of the camera like he is trying to photo bomb and as you can tell he was successful =D  I know what you are going to ask ... where are all your wall pictures? Well I haven't developed them yet and I need two frames from Ikea. I have a photo collage that is going right over the couch, which will be so cool. By the front door I was thinking about doing a rustic worn piece of wood with hooks for a coat rack but I am also thinking of a small lap quilt would be nice there and be used on cool nights or maybe just a framed picture. By the door is this long side window and I want to make a macramé curtain to go there. Did you just laugh? What?

apartmenttherapy.com
I know it's not the 70s but I think it might be cool in a natural jute or twine color and no beads just knots. I even love the plant holders and if I get my way I would get rid of the fake plant in the corner and put a side table there and have a hanging plant. I am so in love with my floors, they took me forever to lay but I couldn't be happier with the way it looks. I love that it just flows from one room to the next without a break. It makes every room look bigger. BUT I do need to sweep almost every day. The wall that the tv and electric fireplace is on wasn't there .. do you remember it had the pass thru bar?
about 3 years ago .. white walls, carpet, maroon couches,
and pass thru are all gone  =D

Do you like my super cool chair? It's from Ikea .. I didn't get the matching footstool because I thought I didn't have enough room and now I am thinking I do. It would be handy to have another place for someone to sit. But I don't want to crowd that area so maybe I will make just a small one instead. Husband did a fantastic job framing the windows and he made the side shelves on each side of the fireplace .. he is so talented. I never ever get tired of walking thru this room. It is coming along nicely =D  My favorite little treasures in this room are:  the little side table by the chair was my Dad's, as is the wall clock (I have heard that chime almost my whole life), my electric fireplace isn't old but I love it and the pitcher with flowers in it by the chair is from my Husband's family (the base is in another room).

The elements in these two rooms combat each other .. the living room is fire (red) and the entry is water (black). Water douses fire and fire can't survive in water. I need to add more red in the living area .. too much black will douse any fire in the fame/recognition area (meaning all your hard work will go unnoticed and who wants that). Jazzing up the entry reminds you what you are working so hard for .. family and career. A pile of bills or an unwatered plant will remind you that you still have more work to do before you are able to unwind. Remember 'clutter clogs' all it does is block up the energy.

The next room will be the den/office .. this room is in between the travel and career area.

No comments:

Post a Comment