Monday, October 4, 2010

Autumn Around The House

"Hello my name is Roxanna and I am a sentimental hoarder." I try very hard to control my desire to keep every single thing and what I can't control my Mr. ever so lovingly tosses out. I can get out of control very fast - especially with things that the children have made (or worn or owned - basically anything kid related needs to stay) but I keep things in check by limiting my items to a few boxes and once those boxes are full nothing can be saved without something being let go. *TEARS* It has been a great system until I found ... a loophole and that is if I catagorize it as "holiday decorations" I can put it in another box. :D I am BRILLIANT! I am not too sure what I am going to do when grandchildren come - I think I am going to need a bigger shed ;) So usually every year I buy just a few items but normally I bring out all my favorite treasures to fill my home with wonderful memories. I think that is why I love Autumn - it is the beginning of family gatherings.
 
My young prince made this when he was about 11.

Last year I made these pillow covers and matching valace.

  
    
$1 store pumpkins on moss - painting Mr did about 6 yrs ago
(He is sooo talented-he paints, sings,plays music...he's brilliant)

















The pumpkins, moss and runner ALL $1 store finds

White pumpins at the $1 are a great find!


Chillin on the hutch  : D


















My "Autumn Village" in my entry way.


It seems great to live there



This guy is just too cute!


My cornicopia has flowers - these treasures sit on my coffee table





I haven't done the outside yet - the problem with living in Phoenix is that on Sunday it was 95* so needless to say I just couldn't decorate for Fall when it is that hot - this week is suppose to be cooler (88*) so MAYBE I'll get to doing something on Friday. At least with the Fall colors around me and football on the TV I can pretend that it is cooler outside :D

1 comment:

  1. Your autumn vignettes are charming. The little hedgehog really makes me smile. Hope that it cools off for you all soon! Thank you for sharing your charming designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete