Friday, April 18, 2014

Shabbat Shalom

 
Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark,
Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone
had been removed from the entrance.  So she came
running to Simon Peter and the other disciple,
the one Jesus loved, and said, “They have taken
the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know
where they have put him!”
John 20:1-2
 
 
 
He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you
are looking for?”Thinking he was the gardener,
she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me
where you have put him, and I will get him.” Jesus said to
her, “Mary.” She turned toward him and cried out in
Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not
yet ascended to the Father.  Go instead to my brothers
and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father
and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news:
 “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he
 had said these things to her.
John 20:15-18


No comments:

Post a Comment